Blogging is such a big business these days. It is a great way to communicate with other business people as well as customers or even just friends. As an online business owner or professional blogger, writing for others can get you noticed and build your reputation.
What is a brand? It is your unique stamp. With big product companies like Pepsi-Cola or Nike, it is their trademark product and tag lines. But, they didn’t start that way. No one knew who either of them was or that they were solid products until they were marketed and that brand reinforced with endorsements and such from people we did know.
So, how can guest blogging help? Well, first of all you have to have a blog or website of your own. You can’t establish a brand unless you have a place to showcase it in the first place. It may take a while, but your blog can establish a loyal following you can count on to follow you other places.
Bloggers are smart people. They will know if you are just after them for their name. Before you approach them with your request (probably one of hundreds more popular bloggers get), get involved in their blog. Post comments on a daily or weekly basis. Pose thought-provoking questions.
All of this shows that you are attempting to understand what has made them such a valuable brand on the Internet. Also, they get to know your “face” as it were because you are always around. The only thing that works better for a new blogger trying to establish them self is nepotism (and it is always welcome!).
Okay, so there is one thing that is almost as good – offering free services. If you ever want an endorsement for your brand later (and you will), offer the blog owner a free product or a trial of your services. Doing so is a courtesy that will pay off for you in the end.
Writing for another blog gives you a chance to talk about other topics in front of a new audience. If you talk about the guest spot on your own blog, many of your loyal fans will pop on over for a look see. And, through your bio blurb, the existing audience on that blog will know where to find you. This is not to steal their readership but to share it since you are not necessarily in a competing market.
In an effort to put your stamp on the world of Internet business, try guest blogging. When done correctly, you can gain increased traffic and new business connections that will serve you well into the future.
Go through the key things and make sure it’s the absolute BEST that it can be. I’m not perfect either, I’m going to go through my own and decide what is best. It’s not a hard challenge.. and I will be giving you ideas the entire month on how to better your blog’s exposure. So let’s get started…
THE CHALLENGE DETAILS
It’s not hard, just a small spark!
Contest starts March 1st, 2010
1) Make a List of 10 blogs you’d like to guest post at
2) Guest post at least ONCE this month
2) Put out a call to readers to guest blog on YOUR blog – Add at least 1 guest Author post to your blog
3) At the end of the month post a comment on your success!
4) Want to do more? Just post in the comments WHAT you will do.
Oh and feel free to post the Small Spark Button onto your website to spread the word.
The Monthly Winner Will Receive:
- Report & Checklist – You will get a free copy of the report & checklist so you have your plan in place
- Articles – 2 Custom Written Articles for your website or blog from All Custom Content
- Virtual Assistance – 30 Minutes Virtual Assistance – to get your articles listed in some directories and added to your site with Christina Lemmey from MultiMediaVA.com
- Branding Session – 30 Minutes Branding Strategy for your Business with Ed Roach from The Branding Experts
- A Monthly Product from Melissa Ingold
- Graphics – Professional Button for your site from Nola Cooper Classic Creations Design
- PLR – Private Label Rights Pack from Alice Seba & Mila Sidman All Private Label Content
- Free Access to Membership Site Intensive by Kelly McCausey & Lynette Chandler
- Bonus: Vera will donate $50 To The Monthly Charity
- Bonus: 1 Month Direct Email Coaching from Vera
- Bonus: Vera will run for 20 minutes to get healthy and run a more effective business, I may even record it so you can witness the craziness.
To win, all you need to do is apply the task and then post a comment to how it actually worked for you. I will then turn each month into a report and checklist for purchase which will include exclusive ideas and my own notes on how I fit it into my business each year.
1) Winner will be announced on March 31st, 2010
2) You must email me at vera @ smallbusinessbranding.com within 3 days to claim your prizes
3) Enjoy your prizes!
Good luck to everyone, I hope you utilize the month of March to implement just one small spark into your business.