Good branding practices are not always the big stuff.
There is also the small things that makes a big impression on your audience and goes a long way in moving your brand forward.
Heres are 10 moves that will paint your brand golden:
• Pay your bills in reasonable time-frame.
Cash flow is the heart of all businesses, paying your bills is honoring your word.
• When you get paid on an invoice, thank your customer. Humility is a great brand value and it shows your respect for your customer.
• Ask suppliers how they are doing from time to time.
It shows you care about their success.
• When booking an appointment with a new customer (or even an existing one)
offer to pick them up a coffee on your way in.
• If you get free offers from time to time, share them among your customers. Ie: I get offers for free printing on specific items – I offer them to my customers. Big smile stuff.
• Always be on the look out for business for your customers. Perhaps a few of your customers might be a great fit for cross-promotional opportunities.
• Pass along publicity opportunities you feel might be beneficial to customers. Reinforces the fact that you are on their team.
• Pay attention to customers’ hobbies or favorite charities.
• Encourage your staff’s input in promoting the company. Corporate fashion is usually worn with pride.
• Contact a long past customer (one with whom you have no contact) and compliment them on something that they are doing that you honestly admire, especially if it is being done by a competitor.
This is only a short bit of wisdom, I’ve picked up over time that helps me keep The Branding Experts’ brand in good stead. You no doubt do things that keep your brand in the “I love ’em category,” – share them with us here.
What can you add that you found is a small effort with BIG impact? Brag about how your brand shines because of them!
I have international speaking experience and am the author of "101 Branding Tips," Practical advice for your brand that you can use today. I'm also a "expert panellist" with Bob Proctor (from The Secret)'s Matrixx Events in Toronto.
I have been interviewed in all media and I also blog extensively and uses the digital realm on the web to connect and promote my services world-wide.
I have international speaking experience including a recent event in Prague, in the Czech Republic and is the author of "101 Branding Tips," Practical advice for your brand that you can use today, the book is available on Amazon.com and the Amazon Kindle store.
My clients are from Canada, The United States, Ukraine, India, United Arab Emirates and Tanzania.
I recently facilitated a workshop in San Diego aimed at teaching Graphic Design companies how to build brands for their customers.
Latest posts by Ed Roach (see all)
- How To Engage In Content Marketing Like the Big Boys Do - March 25, 2016
- Do You Know The Perception of Your Brand? - March 17, 2016
- How To Draw In The World To Your Brand - February 25, 2016